Senior WebGL Developer
Senior WebGL Developer
We're looking for an experienced WebGL developer to join our talented team full-time. The preferred locations are Sweden, Iceland or Brazil but remote is an option.
A creative developer at 14islands is a person that loves to build experiences on the web. Developers are a core part of our projects and craft code from start until final production.
Pushing the pixels should be a pleasure to you and collaborating with creative designers a dream come true. You will work with people with an eye for design. Therefore, as a developer, you also love to launch a beautifully designed and coded project.
Overall, you'll be part of the craft and culture at 14islands and help improve processes, learn, share and hack between projects.
What we are looking for:
- Expert knowledge in WebGL (ThreeJs) and GLSL shaders.
- Good knowledge of optimizing WebGL experiences for Web and XR
- Experience with React-three-fiber (our framework of choice) and React in general
- Experience with Blender and exporting models for use on the web
- Genuine interest in building enjoyable experiences for people.
- Appreciation for good design and for working closely with designers.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the digital field.
- Organization skills and ability to work within project constraints (goals/timelines/budget).
- Interest to explore and work with emerging technologies.
- Bonus points for experience with other creative technologies such as WebXR, VR, AR, Web Audio.
We are a creative design and development studio, making digital experiences that create human connections. We craft websites, products and brands that spark joy and bring value to both people and businesses. Our friendly team has many years of expertise in the field of User Experience (UX), Visual Design (UI), and Creative Development. The top 14islands value is to put people first and we always set the bar high for the work we produce.
Benefits of working at 14islands:
- Market salaries, reviewed yearly.
- 6 weeks of paid vacation per year.
- Learning budget for conferences, workshops, etc.
- Health-related activity boost for a gym membership, yoga, meditation, etc.
- We encourage 40-hour workweeks.
- Remote work is totally fine, especially these days.
- Time weekly to explore and experiment.
Benefits if you join one of our offices:
- A top-of-the-line MacBook Pro laptop.
- A smartphone for work and personal use (iPhone, yes).
- Paid mobile costs.
- All the required software & hardware for quality work.
- Standing desks at our office and ergonomic chairs.
- Occasional team lunches and events.
- Pension and insurance are added on top of your salary (Sweden and Iceland only).
Exciting, what to do next?
Apply and please make sure to check the following:
- You have a strong portfolio to demonstrate your work.
- You are fluent in English, both verbally and written.
- You preferably are willing to relocate to Stockholm, Reykjavík or Floripa.
- You’re ready to both lead and learn.
We look forward to hearing from you!