We're looking for a creative developer to join our talented team full-time. Location can be remote but Sweden or Brazil is preferred.
A Creative Developer at 14islands is a person that loves to build experiences on the web. Developers are an extension of our design team and you will be highly involved from start to finish on all our projects.
You love to play with the latest technologies and learn new things while staying grounded in best practices. Pushing the pixels should be a pleasure to you and collaborating with creative designers a dream come true. You will work with people that have a strong eye for design and motion. Therefore, as a developer, you also love to launch beautifully designed and coded projects with high attention to detail and animation.
Overall, you'll be part of the craft and culture at 14islands and help improve processes, learn, share and hack between projects.
What we are looking for:
- Expert responsive design & mobile web development skills
- Great knowledge of different techniques of animation on the web
- Good skills in development using ReactJS.
- Genuine interest in building enjoyable experiences for people.
- Appreciation for good design and joy of working closely with designers.
- Great communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience with web development build tools such as npm and webpack
- Ability to dive into back-end tools such as NodeJS and Headless CMS systems.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the digital field.
- Organization skills and ability to work within project constraints (goals/timelines/budget).
- Interest to explore and work with emerging technologies.
- Bonus points for experience with creative technologies such as WebGL, 3D, VR, AR, and Web Audio.
We are a creative design and development studio, making digital experiences that create human connections. We craft websites, products and brands that spark joy and bring value to both people and businesses. Our friendly team has many years of expertise in the field of User Experience (UX), Visual Design (UI), and Creative Development. The top 14islands value is to put people first and we always set the bar high for the work we produce.
Benefits of working at 14islands:
- Market salaries, reviewed yearly.
- 6 weeks of paid vacation per year.
- Learning budget for conferences, workshops, etc.
- Health-related activity boost for a gym membership, yoga, meditation, etc.
- We encourage 40-hour workweeks.
- Remote work is totally fine, especially these days.
- Time weekly to explore and experiment.
Benefits if you join one of our offices:
- A top-of-the-line MacBook Pro laptop.
- A smartphone for work and personal use (iPhone, yes).
- Paid mobile costs.
- All the required software & hardware for quality work.
- Standing desks at our office and ergonomic chairs.
- Occasional team lunches and events.
- Pension and insurance are added on top of your salary (Sweden and Iceland only).
Exciting, what to do next?
Apply and please make sure to check the following:
- You have a strong portfolio to demonstrate your work.
- You are fluent in English, both verbally and written.
- You preferably are willing to relocate to Stockholm, Reykjavík or Floripa.
- You’re ready to both lead and learn.
We look forward to hearing from you!